Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Death To Our Brain Cells

We sit for our exams, as a whole week passes
Thinking, did we even take this in our classes?

We solve the first page, a piece of cake
When will this end, for Heaven's sake

After the fourth unsolved question, we can't seem to find our way
So we flicker through the pages, see what points we'll take today

We start to forget the attitude we tried to grow
That, 'I'm ready for the exam, come at me bro!'

How will all this help me, I seriously need an explanation
My future wouldn't have the likes of Volume or Acceleration

How are Newton's Laws supposed to do me any good?
Much rather focus on my ambitions, I will and I should

How about Maths, I most definitely won't enter a store
And ask for an item that costs 'two squared minus four'

And with Trigonometry, I can never finish studying on time
With it's names like Pythagorean, Tan, Theta, or Sine

Oh an Arabic, don't even get me started with the grammar
Makes me want to hit my own head with a hammer

'Your grades will determine your future', I fail to agree
Stop pressuring us with our 'future', just let us be

We nervously wait for the school's bells
So it's official; It's death to our brain cells

3 comments:

  1. THIS POEM IS AWESOME!!! I LOVED IT!! Well said dubai <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loved this poem, you just said what's in my heart, More than 10 years are being wasted on such studies.

    Loved the ending of the poem, really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have some experience of musandam khasab.I am sure that you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete