Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Masqueraded Movements

The smell of petroleum inflamed my very nostrils as I depended on my eyesight to acknowledge my surroundings. I realized nothing was ahead of me but the darkness. I sniffed twice, and felt the cloth surrounding my eyes move upwards. I couldn't free my tied hands. I was trapped. To survive, I had to depend on my two senses; hearing and smelling. I was fine with the first, but the latter scared me as I smelled the smoking flames almost ahead. I patted my head twice on the floor and realized I was sitting on sand. I pushed my also tied feet forwards. Suddenly, a figure came behind me and pulled me upwards. I screeched subconsciously.

'Don't make a sound.' a deep velvety voice whispered in my ear. Being my loud, defiant self, I screamed once more.
'You blew it!' The veil covering my eyes lifted, and I reunited with my senses. I looked up and saw a man drenched in black with only his eyes not covered. Before I managed to spit a word, four cloaked figures approached from the darkness. The only source of light was the moonlight's reflection from the stranger's sword. The figures approached closer and muttered in an unidentified language. I heard the dangling of weapons, and automatically closed my eyes. Swords now ascended from the darkness. The stranger pulled me against the floor. The vulgar duel began as I slowly lost conscious on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment