Saturday, January 8, 2011

Elixir


Hey all!
Been a while since I posted a book review, i've been busy with school work and I finally have time to kill. (Has anyone realized that we use the phrase 'killing time', even though time ends up 'killing' us?). I've read Elixir by Hilary Duff, and it exceeded my expectations! Growing up, I loved Hilary's show on Disney Channel Lizzie McGuire, and as I started reading the novel I really expected a cheesy story that revolves around a socialite in NY (isn't that the outline of EVERY book written by a celebrity?) but I've definitely got to give the story some credit. I was seriously addicted to finishing this novel! My eyes were glued as I passed almost five chapters consecutively. Elixir binds magic, fantasy, and a bit of reality in almost 400 pages, and it'll get you hooked! That's a guarantee. 'Elixir' talks about young Clea, born into a family of wealth, and her search to find out the mystery behind her father's disappearance. What also got me excited to read this novel is that it also revolves around the thousand year old myth the 'Elixir Of Life'. It was really interesting seeing this myth being discussed in the novel. It is said that 'The Elixir Of Life' is an elixir that grants one immortality and eternal youth. Bet you it'd be sold out in the first 5 minutes if they sold it at a drug store. All in all, I definitely recommend this novel for anyone who dares enter the magical world of Clea, and dares to relish in what the human mind might hardly comprehend. It's one gem of a book.

-Dubai

No comments:

Post a Comment