Monday, June 7, 2010

A Pat On The Back.


'Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon'.

Catchy quote, I must say.
Aside from the fact that this quote makes obvious sense, it also makes me think.
What is success? Is it happiness? Is it fame? Is it fortune? Is it having a happily ever after?
hmm.
I've got a simple question, how can one word, success, mean so much? How can one word mean so many things to so many people?
Then again I ask myself, why am I bothering myself with such questions and doubts. It's troublesome to have a brain that never seems to shut up. It's a blessing too. But that's not the point. What I'm trying to get is how do you know that you're successful? When do you know you're experiencing 'Success'? Do you, just like movies, hear bells?

I'll tell you what's success. Success is waking up every morning knowing that you're surrounded by the people who love and care for you. Success is going through your day, smiling with the confidence that you're safe in the hands of the one above. Success is going to bed at night knowing you did your best. Success is.. it's living everyday like there's no tomorrow. Yes, this sounds cliche, but mark my words, they're true.

Just live your life.
Yours Truly,
Dubai.

4 comments: